First Prize Winner 2013 and 2016: Best Graduate CV – Global CV Industry Awards
“I have just been made an offer by J.P. Morgan which, given my poor application success rate, is attributed to City CV. Your advice is invaluable and I recommend taking all suggestions fully on board. You did a terrific job of ensuring I maintained coherence in high pressure interview situations. Thank you again for everything!”
A.K., Graduate Analyst
“The interview coaching package is more helpful than I thought. With your help I built my interview strategy, spotted my mistakes during interviews, learnt how to tell my story and can respond almost any competency question confidently. I would not have obtained the offer from DB without your help. I really appreciate the help I received from City CV and would highly recommend City CV to anyone who wants to improve his/her interview skills and success rate.”
X.S., Graduate, Accounting
Our graduate coaching expertise
‘Interview Success’ has been created specifically for graduates targeting a career / internship in the financial services space. Over six 1-2-1 90 minute sessions (on Skype and face-to-face), your personal interview coach will tailor every element to your individual experience and chosen career direction. Whether you are applying to work in investment banking, asset management, Big 4 or something else, this programme will cover every element required for the typical graduate banking interview.
The programme includes
- How to sell yourself at interview
- Preparation / structure of answers to each ‘genre’ of interview question – from traditional questions and competency-based interview questions through to commercial awareness and the obscure
- Success at ‘Assessment Centres’ – how to stand out from the crowd and demonstrate the competencies the banks are seeking
- Being ‘Smart’ – demonstrate your intelligence through several strategies, including research that you must do prior to your interview, what you need to know from a technical perspective and the best questions to ask post-interview
- Interview etiquette – added extras to impress
- Interview communication and body language – how to make an impact
- Overcoming anxiety – top tricks to deal with nerves
You will focus the entire graduate interview process, from phone/Skype interviews to assessment centres and face-to-face interviews. We will provide you with an analytical framework to unpack your own qualities and the achievements that will help you stand out from your competition in a tough graduate and post-graduate market.
Designed by former heavyweight investment banking recruiter, the programme can encompass preparation for technical, complex and knowledge-based questions that financial institutions regularly use both in online applications and at interview. You can also include a face-to-face mock interview covering standard, competency and technical questioning to help you understand what a real interview will be like, how performance can be improved and the specific qualities employers are seeking.
Order online today (see right), or call us on +44 20 7100 6656 for more information and to discuss our graduate services and packages.