Careers at City CV
Marketing and Communications Manager
About the role:
We are currently looking to recruit a Marketing and Communications Manager to join our small team based in Tonbridge. This is a key role supporting the business and dealing with our growing market and social media presence. We are looking for a self-starter, completer-finisher, who is used to a fast paced, busy environment.
Hours are 9am – 5pm, three days a week. However, due to the nature of the business there is a requirement to be flexible.
About City CV:
City CV is an online business which was founded in 2008 responding to the need for an expert organisation to support individuals in understanding corporate hiring practices and navigating the complex recruitment market. City CV has continued to flourish with a dedicated focus on helping clients to secure their target roles. Initially established as a niche financial services business, it has extended its range, team and specialities to cover the full breadth of the corporate world and the public sector. It has built an unrivalled reputation for getting results.
A distinctive mix of Executive Head Hunters, HR Professionals, Interview Coaches, Copywriters and Recruiters, the City CV team collaborates closely with clients on every aspect of the application process, whether for individuals or groups, as part of its well-established career coaching and outplacement programmes. From CV writing to interview coaching to graduate application form assistance, we offer all our clients a professional, unique and tailored approach to their job search.
What you will do:
You will create and manage our marketing and communications strategy. We are expanding exponentially and always seeking ways to attract and win fresh clients through exploiting both new and traditional avenues. You will be a key member of the team and be given full responsibility early on, particularly in the shape of owning the marketing plan. Working directly with the CEO and Partnership Manager, you will be a self-starter who loves high volume and can juggle multiple priorities. This is definitely not a slow or boring environment – every day is different and very busy! You will:
- Review, implement and manage annual marketing in line with the company’s strategic business plan;
- Identify new target audiences so that the company can communicate its main messages effectively;
- Generate high quality leads;
- Enhance our online presence through close management of our off-site SEO firm and associated PPC activity;
- Improve brand profile through close liaison with PR;
- Own and lead the development of the City CV brand, ensuring all communication and marketing activity is aligned and effective across all audiences;
- Assume responsibility for the quality, impact and relevance of content, messaging and information distributed via web, digital, media, social media, print and publications;
- Increase Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+ following and engagement across multiple profiles;
- Coordinate content creation for social media platforms and City CV website;
- Engage in some copywriting, sourcing and management of social media posts and blogs;
- Work with the Partnership Manager to develop / maintain partnerships, ensuring brand quality is maintained;
- Create marketing collateral, including fliers, posters, brochures, ads;
- Event management;
- Improve brand recognition in the UK and key target regions.
You will be a team player who excels at operating in a fast paced collaborative environment and has experience in a client facing role in a professional business.
- You will have extensive (senior) marketing experience in a corporate environment;
- Experience in an e-commerce environment;
- Expert in internet and social media strategy with a demonstrated track record on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets that are significant in company outreach;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in understanding the customer, customer-focused product development and outreach;
- Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input across the company;
- Ability to lead in an environment of constant change;
- Experience working in a flexible, employee empowering work environment in a small to medium-sized company without marketing staff on the same level. Structured, departmentalised or large company experience will not work here;
- Familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade in marketing, including PR, written communication, website development, market research, product packaging, Microsoft software suite of products, visual communication software products, and creative services;
- Experienced in advising product teams about potential markets, desirable product features, go-to-market best practices, and measuring the success of product sales;
- Experience managing external PR and SEO consulting firms and contractors;
- Experience in the global marketplace preferred;
- Comfortable in a fast paced, high volume, multitasking environment. You must be highly organised as we have many projects and ideas to develop at any one time;
- Knowledge of the recruitment business would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Self-motivated and proactive, able to work under own initiative;
- Excellent people person, open to direction and a commitment to get the job done;
- Flexible to dig in and get hands dirty;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills (face to face and on the telephone);
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Educated to degree standard in a marketing discipline preferred but not essential;
- Fun, positive and proactive personality;
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org